Objectives for the week of May 15-19
1. Yearbooks are still for sale online through April 28, 2017. The cost is $25 and the site address to purchase is http://www.balfour.com.
2. Dash and Bash envelopes went home this week, with the oldest sibling in each Timber Creek family. We are very excited about this event and eager to support PTO in any way to make it a great day for the community!
3. PTO Spirit Night is next Wednesday - see you all at Crust!
4. 2017-2018 School Supplies are on sale at this time- order form and information see attached: TCES School Supply Order Form 17-18.pdf
5. Thursday, April 13- 2017-2018 Kindergarten Registration from 9AM -12PM and 1-3PM! Can't wait to meet our new kinder students and families for next year! Registration information available at http://tomballisd.edlioschool.com/apps/pages/registrationinformation
6. Friday, April 14 - Student and staff Holiday - Classes resume on Monday, April 17
We have been learning about landforms in Social Studies and are going to be making play-doh landforms! We are in need of blue, green and brown play-doh by NEXT Thursday, April 13th . If you could donate any of these to your child’s class, we would greatly appreciate it! JThank you!
Today an envelope with information about Dash and Bash went home with the oldest child in the family. Inside the envelope is a pledge sheet, wristband and raffle info, silent auction info, and sweet shoppe info. Please take the time to look through the envelope and help support our school during our largest fundraising event of the year.
One other flyer that I would like to point out to you is about our school supply pack. Ordering through our school makes it so much easier to not have to find all of the supplies at various stores and they deliver straight to your child's classroom before school starts. You can order online at www.educationalproducts.com/shoppacks with school ID TIM053 or you can also send a check (no cash).
Thank you so much for sending in your donations for Dash & Bash! I wanted to update you with a picture of our basket and what all was bought with your donations.
Our basket is valued at $800.
- tennis racket, balls, and one month lessons at Spring Academy in North Hampton,
- soccer balls, pump, cones, outdoor trainer along with a voucher for the World Cup Camp,
- football, flags, and an I9 gift card for one session,
- golf balls, kids club, chipper catcher, and a Top Golf certificate,
- baseball balls, swing trainer, baseball bag
We also purchased a wagon, umbrella, cooler, water jug, and two chairs for practices.
Hope y'all love it as much as I do!
First Grade Parents:
We are so excited to be studying life cycles in a few weeks and would really like to hatch some chicken eggs!
If any of you would be willing to donate 7 fertilized eggs...we would GREATLY appreciate it :)
Here is one website you can purchase them from, but other places may be willing to donate!
Thanks so much for all of your help.
First Grade Team
Beginning this Friday, students will be held accountable for writing their spelling words with correct capital or lower case letters for each word written. Previously we were only concentrating on capitalizing the first letter of the sentence at the end of the test. Now students will receive a point off for each misused capital or lowercase letter throughout the test. For example if the word is frog and they write fRog on their paper, a point will be deducted. Another example is if the word is Sunday and they write sunday on their paper, a point will be deducted. Below are the state standard TEKS that we are required to work on in first grade:
Please let your child’s teacher know of any questions, comments, or concerns.
First Grade Team
Testing for the Gifted and Talented Program
The new extended deadline of March 21st for parent nominations. They may pick up a copy in the front office or email Sheri Sims and she will send it to you.
Materials needed for Science
We will need the cups, soil, and radish seeds the Friday we come back from spring break!
ELA: Students will read and write words with long o (Spelling test on Friday); continue to explore poetry - we have a fun jump rope poetry rhyme activity scheduled for Thursday and Friday :) We are also creating a collection of poetry written by the students. Math: New unit: money. Students will need to recognize the coins and their values: penny, nickel, dime, quarter. Students will add a variety of coins together (less than a dollar amount). Science: sort and classify living and nonliving things Social Studies: New unit: maps; introduce cardinal directions (north, south, east, west)